Sidetracked | Volume Four

Christie Eastman kayaker and badass on Lower Lewis Falls in Washington.
If you are unfamiliar with Sidetracked Magazine you should go out of your way to pick up a copy. It's filled with meaningful articles, photography and insight on why adventure is so important to our lives. 

In the current issue of Sidetracked Magazine boater Christie Eastman describes her side of the action off of Lower Lewis River. 

Pulled from Volume four, "With a deep breath, I peel out into the powerful current. I square up to the first ledge and it launches me into the air. I reconnect with the river for a brief instant and take another paddle stroke as the water falls out from underneath me. Soaring over the second ledge, I momentarily take flight until the mist engulfs me. Cold spray surges into my face. The yawning chasm beneath me beckons. Time stands still as I drop.